Sunday, March 9, 2014

This Weekend In Fancy Lattes

 A to-go latte at Gorilla Coffee's new cafe on Bergen Street. I almost never go to Brooklyn but if I'm ever near either of Gorilla's locations, I make sure I get something.
Probably one of my favorite things to do on the weekends is go for a coffee. I make mine at home or drink gross Starbucks during the week (read: they have it at my school and it's free). But on the weekends going out to a nice coffee place and just really tasting the coffee as opposed to my system crying for caffeine, is a really great treat. Plus, a latte is like $4 so it's my cheap thrill. This week on top of my standing coffee date with a friend, I found myself in Brooklyn and so there was NO WAY I wasn't having Gorilla Coffee. 




My first time at Stumptown was not a disappointment! Hit up the West 8th Street location to meet a friend. I love the look and feel of this place, very old fashioned looking. It would make a great hang out spot. Their latte art is spot on which weirdly starts to matter when you drink a lot of these. Like if the design isn't good the designer in me is very unhappy. I really love their mugs the most. The beautiful script appears after you take a few sips- clever. And check out that insane "S." #designerproblems. Side note- had a really interesting rosemary current  scone there, as well. My first bite was ehh as I'm not a huge herb person. (rosemary, fennel, those types of things in my food gross me out) But I was just super in the mood for a scone today so I went for it and the flavor actually really grew on me. As far as scones go it was pretty perfect- dense but not dry, buttery but not greasy, and a little crumbly but not messy. I wonder where Stumptown gets their baked goods. I'm not sure I would eat another Rosemary scone but everything else was spot on!

No comments:

Post a Comment