Friday, April 25, 2014

Spring Break Catch Up and Nashville Half Tomorrow!

I didn't have time to update over spring break but I was taking lots of pictures. It was a good week, if not very aptly timed. I have finals in four weeks so break made me feel like I needed to be working. What I really did...

My dad took this picture of me driving after not doing so for months. No car for me in NYC. I'm a good driver, I swear!!

Made this Matzo Spinach Lasagna from Martha Stewart Living for Passover. Verdict: Not as good as regular lasagna but I thought it was very good for what it was. Would definitely make it again for passover. 

Selfie with the bro and roommate who graciously came to visit us ALL THE WAY UPSATE (jk, 1 hour is not that far)

Anndddddd Selfie with these adorable little girls. 

Soft Serve (or dole whip, whatever that is) at Jumpin' Jacks!
Running Boston Strong on Patriot's Day before tuning in to watch the Boston Marathon

We had waffles when I came home from break to celebrate my roommate's exciting new job (!!!)

When I got back from break, I immediately had to start getting ready for my trip to Nashville. I left NYC yesterday and will be here until Sunday. The race is tomorrow. This was trip was filled with many firsts including, my first time booking my own flight, my first time flying solo, my first time visiting Nashville, and this is the farthest south I've ever been in the US. Pretty cool.
Grand Central from my place waiting for the shuttle bus to take my LGA

Manhattan looking SO small from my window on the plane. This view gets me every time. 

Picking up my bib at the expo to run the St. Jude Country Music Nashville Half Marathon tomorrow! Also pictured: my souvenir beer mug.  Pretty stoked to be 21 :)

I'm pretty excited for the race. I feel like I am definitely strong enough to complete it as I've been running pretty consistently five days a week with a long run day once a week, usually about 8 miles. I would have liked to go farther once but as usual school got in the way and school is always a priority for me. This trip is mostly about having fun with one of my oldest friends (who lives in Nashville, we've been friends for over eight years now) and seeing a new city. So far from what I've seen, it's a great place. Lots of music (obviously) but also a lot of art and cool little restaurants and cafes. Also WAY cheaper than NYC which is always welcome. I mean, last night I ate out for $10 AND the food was delicious. I cannot remember the last time I did that. It is also WARM here. I believe I have commented on my ability to wear shorts to my friend about 15 times already. Whatever happens, I'm going into this race uninjured and not sick which hasn't happened for a while. That and I'm in a good mood again. I've been bummed out for a while for various reasons and seeing a great friend and feeling the sun on my face is making everything 1000X better!

Awesome Printing Press and shop, Hatch Show Print in Nashville

Alert- typography nerd totally geeking out

late lunch eating yummy mexican food in Nashville

Because even on vacation college kids need to write papers- coffee/ study break at Ugly Mugs

No comments:

Post a Comment